Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Majesty that Surrounds

This morning while making breakfast, I watched squirrels spasmodically chasing each other up and down and around every tree.  I thought of my sister, who shudders at sight of the creatures, then I thought of my cousin who came to visit from Ireland for the first time in 12 years.  One morning she looked out the window to our back yard and observed the squirrel activity.


"They're just so...majestic," she'd breathed. 


Say who? 


"They're squirrels," I'd said. 
Same category as pigeons and sea gulls. 
No shortage of them, and no majesty either.


"No, they're just perfect," she sighed.   "I'd like to take them all home."


She also determined that flavored Oreos and root beer are majestic, but only the Oreos got through customs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment