Friday, April 20, 2012

Weekend Reading

Augusten Burroughs is coming to speak at a local synagogue next week.
I visited the biography aisle of our library to pick up one of his many memoirs (the one about his dad?  the one about his drinking?  the one about living with his mom's psychiatrist?). 
One life.  So much material. 
What else to do but write it down?

I selected what was available.  Running With Scissors, and A Wolf At The Table.

Dangerous is the biography section of the library!
Did you know that even Hans Christian Anderson penned a memoir?
It's called The Fairy Tale of My Life.

Now I have a stack of memoirs, and three weeks to read them. 
Ready, set, GO!

Here's what Miss C has in her corner, on repeat:

Only Opal: The Diary of a Young Girl by Barbara Cooney



A Picture Book of Anne Frank by David A. Adler, illustrated by Karen Ritz

I Want To Be Free by Joseph Slate, illustrated by E.B. Lewis

I Want to Be Free

The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses by Paul Goble

The Seven Chinese Sisters by Kathy Tucker, illustrated by Grace Lin


Happy weekend reading!

1 comment: