Monday, September 27, 2010

Goodreads

I've created an account on goodreads in order to track and share all the wonderful books we've been reading, and all the wonderful books you've recommended.

If you've mentioned one and don't see it on there, drop me an email, or leave it in the comments, or even join goodreads and recommend it there.  I'll try to add each one to our to-read list.

Right now the list is heavy with books featuring strong female characters, and because Miss C loves Cinderella, there are many versions of Cinderella on there as well (the Korean Cinderella, the Caribbean Cinderella, the Cambodian Cinderella).  I figure if she's going to talk nonstop about Cinderella, we can continue to complicate her thinking, and work in some geography lessons while we're at it.

If you are interested in adult reading as well, such as Consuming Kids, or So Sexy So Soon, or Understanding Disney, I'll add a shelf for the big kids.  

Happy page turning.

2 comments:

  1. We've just been given the book 'The Princess and the Packet of Frozen Peas' by Tony Wilson and I think it's worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked "My Name Is Not Isabella" by Jennifer Fosberry -- a very cute look at a little girl's imaginative play involving real-life heroines like Annie Oakley and Elizabeth Blackwell.

    ReplyDelete